Sunday, January 13, 2008

Accommodations

It happened. I got lonely. So I had three candy bars for dinner and bought a new swim suit. After my dad's visit, I had Tiffany's to look forward to. But now that she's gone, it's lonely. I have to readjust to traveling by myself. Well, maybe it's just to the dingy-ness of hostels. When I was at the lovely Casa Relax B&B, I was a happy camper. It had a parrot, a pretty pool, a yummy breakfast, trendy rooms, and hammocks. Now that I'm at Hotel EspaƱola (see picture), I'm having adjustment issues. The shower is a pipe sticking out of the wall and the lock is a padlock. I feel a bit like I'm sleeping in a locker. But despite the fact that rope is holding the bed together, last night, there were some guys in the hallway playing the guitar and sining quite pleasantly. And I could hear the men trying to teach each other to dance. It actually wasn't a bad way to fall asleep. The room has a place to lie down, a working toilet and a fan. I guess that's all I really need.

No comments: