Saturday, January 12, 2008

Food


I´ve ventured into street food. So far I´ve had a very flavorful beef kabob with very flavorful baked potatoes on either end. And a bag of sliced mango with salt and orange lime (it´s a fruit that is a cross between an orange and a lime). Delicious! Apparently there are a zillion different breads in Colombia, all very tasty. I especially love the cheese bread. And I´ve made sure to sample all the sodas and candy bars. Most recently I had a Jumbo X-treme, which was not jumbo and stated extremely like cardboard. Jet candy bars have all been delicious. If those aren´t sweet enough for you, you can finish it off with an ultra sweet pink soda, Postobon or Colombiana. (I´d go for the Colombiana.) I´ve also tried to have the typical plates from each region I´ve been to. The first day I got to Colombia, Max took me out to lunch. I opted for the trypical plate, bandeja paisajo, which contains no less than five kinds of meat and sausage, a fried egg, rice, beans, plantains and an avocado. I ate almost the entire thing. Max´s family is in shock (and maybe a little disgusted) that I lived to tell about it. Well, this little food monolougue wouldn´t be complete without mentioning the delicious juices. Every morning at Max´s house, we´d awake to freshly squeezed OJ. My mouth waters just thinking about it. We ate like royalty at Max´s house for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Ah, I miss that!

No comments: