Monday, January 14, 2008

Cartagena


Cartagena! it's so beautiful. it reminds me a little bit of Cuba. Even the sketchy area where I'm staying is adorable. The streets are lined with colorfu buildings. When I peak inside, the rooms are empty except for some placstic chairs and a hammock but the people are chatting and eating together.


I acutally am staying a day longer than planned because I still haven't seen the Old City, which is the main attraction. The first day, I went door-to-door trying to find a cheap place to stay. It's peak season here and rooms are hard to come by. Then I headed to the beach with a couple from San Francisco (Amy and Gill) and a couple from Bogotá (Carolina and Cameron). We rented a little carpa (tent) on the beach and were swarmed by vendors selling everything from sunglasses to food to cell phone minutes. Carolina taught us how to politely say no. The weather was absolutely perfect and the water was warm and the people watching was excellent. After a day at the beach we headed into the Old City for a quick drink.

No comments: