Thursday, January 31, 2008

Neither here nor there

Ah! I'm in a totally new country with absolutely no plan!!! I jumped to the closest big city, Mumbai/Bombay. As I stepped off the train in Mumbai, I felt this intense excitement to be in Mumbai and at the very same time an intense desire to go home. I don't know how it's possible to feel both, but I did. Like it just dawned on me that I hadn't been home in two months. Since going home was not a convenient option, I focused on the excitement of being in a new city.

Luckily Aabir, a friend from back home, who is apparently very well connected in India, put me in touch with some of his friends. Aabir, you're such a life saver! I've already met one of his lovely friend's, Kiran. We had coffee together today. She helped me plan out the next few days here and point me in the right direction for some new clothes. I can't thank either of them enough! I don't know what I would have done without their help.

No comments: